Young Women Speaking the Economy
Your Voices: On Motherhood Official Rules ("Official Rules")
The Your Voices: On Motherhood Contest ("Contest") is a skill contest. Void where prohibited or where registration, bonding, or local judging required. Subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Sponsor: This Contest is solely sponsored by International Museum of Women, located at 235 Montgomery Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94101.
Contest Period: The Contest begins 12:00 AM (U.S. PST) on August 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM (U.S. PST) on February 28, 2012. The time frames for submission of works and voting activity are as follows below. Submission and voting times are determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The period from the beginning of the submission of works until the end of voting is the "Contest Period."
ACTIVITY BEGINNING AT 12:00 AM UNITED STATES PST ON DATE LISTED ENDING AT 11:59 PM UNITED STATES PST ON DATE LISTED
Submission of Works ("Submission Period") August 1, 2011 October 31, 2011
Voting ("Voting Period") January 18, 2012 February 28, 2012
Eligibility: Contest is offered to all natural persons who at time of entry are eighteen (18) years of age or older and are at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Promotional affiliates, officers and directors, and their employees, officers, and directors may participate in the Contest, but are not eligible to receive any prizes.
How to Enter: During the Submission Period, go to exhibitions.globalfundforwomen.org to register for the Contest and submit your work. You must register by entering your true and correct information on the registration page and any other requested information. You may enter the Contest as many times as desired as long as each entry is materially different from previous entries. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility of entries in its sole discretion.
To vote for your favorite work, you must also register on exhibitions.globalfundforwomen.org after January 18, 2012, by entering at a minimum your true and correct name and email address.
The following forms of works are acceptable as submissions:
- Art: Images (featuring paintings, paintings, drawings, sculptures, prints or cartoons). Include a minimum 100-word description. File formats must be .jpg, .gif, or .bmp files sized 600 pixels wide, minimum 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred). Limit 10 images per submission.
- Personal Stories/Creative Writing: Text (featuring short stories, poetry or creative essays) ranging from 300 to 1500 words. Include an image for visual interest and a minimum 100-word image description.
- Journalism/Activism Articles: Text (featuring original articles, essays or non-fiction writing about the issues that matter to you and the work you are doing to change the world) ranging from 300 to 1500 words. Include an image for visual interest and a 100-word description.
- Music/Audio: Video (featuring music videos), audio (featuring songs or spoken word) or podcasts (featuring music videos, songs or spoken word). Include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .avi, .mp3, .aiff .aif or .wav files no more than 40MB each. Limit two videos per submission.
- Photography: Images (featuring photojournalism or artistic photography). Include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .jpg, .gif or .bmp files sized at 600 pixels wide and a minimum of 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred). Limit 10 images per submission.
- Video/Animation: Video (featuring films, film excerpts, trailers or animation). Include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .mov, .avi, .mp4, .aiff, .aif or .wav files no more than 40MB each. Limit two videos per submission. Video length must be less than 10 min. in length; if a trailer or excerpt from longer piece, give information on how to view longer or complete version.
- Images, text, videos, audio and podcasts must be the entrant's original work and not contain any third-party copyrighted material.
- Images and videos may not contain images of any individuals who are under 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state or region, or who have not provided their authorization.
- Images and videos may not contain material that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law. Images and videos must be appropriate for viewing by the general public; appropriateness will be determined by Sponsor.
Prize: One (1) Community Choice Award is available. The Community Choice Award consists of the following:
- one (1) cash prize in the amount of $500.00 USD to be awarded to the individual contributor selected for Community Choice Award
- one (1) donation in the amount of $500.00 USD to be awarded to a women's nonprofit of the winner's choice, subject to approval by Sponsor
Selection of Winners
The Community Choice Award winner will be determined by the following system:
- Following submission of works deadline, Sponsor Exhibitions Team shall select from all submissions 24 to 34 works for inclusion in semi-final round. Criteria for selection of works in quarter final round includes relevance of submission to theme, completeness of submission, availability or ability of individual contributor to respond to clarifying questions posed by Sponsor Exhibitions Team, quality of media type, impact of work, geographic diversity of work, topic diversity of work and uniqueness of work.
- Sponsor shall publish works selected for semi-final round on Sponsor's Your Voices: On Motherhood Exhibition located online via exhibitions.globalfundforwomen.org starting November 15, 2011 and ending January 18, 2012.
- No later than November 15, 2011 Sponsor shall create a Jury consisting of between four (4) and six (6) individuals, at least one of which will be a staff member of Sponsor. Criteria for selecting individuals for the jury shall include Sponsor representation, women's human rights experience, and artist or artistic direction experience.
- Jury shall select from among the works designated for the semi-final round six(6) works for inclusion in the final round. Criteria for selection of works in final round includes relevance of submission to theme, quality of media type, impact of work, geographic diversity of work, topic diversity of work and uniqueness of work. The set of works selected by Jury for inclusion in the final round shall be announced on January 18, 2012 on Sponsor's Your Voices: On Motherhood Exhibition located online via exhibitions.globalfundforwomen.org and Sponsor's Global Motherhood Exhibition (URL to be announced) to be launched that day.
- From January 18, 2012 to February 28, 2012, visitors to Sponsors' Global Motherhood Exhibition located online via exhibitions.globalfundforwomen.org shall be able to cast votes for the work from among the final round to be awarded the Community Choice Award. Voting is limited to one vote per registered user of Sponsor's exhibition. Use of multiple email addresses is prohibited. In the event one of Sponsor's employees, or Sponsor's affiliates' employees or their officers or directors would be eligible to win the Community Choice Award based on vote count, or the potential winner is otherwise disqualified, the Community Choice Award will be given to the next entrant eligible to win the Community Choice Award based on voting. The winner of the Community Choice Award will be announced between March 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012, at which point the winner will be notified by email and will have ten (10) days from notification to accept the prize.
- Sponsor is ineligible to be selected by winner as the women's nonprofit of the winner's choice to receive the $500 USD donation component of the Community Choice Award.
ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold any taxes as required by applicable law. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security or Taxpayer ID number (where applicable) prior to the award of any prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner's failure to adequately monitor any email account. If a potential winner fails to respond within 10 days of notification, is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the prize, or in the event a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner, the prize will be forfeited, and at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected. Potential winners will be required, except where prohibited, to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release of Liability and Publicity Release. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification, such as but not limited to a valid driver's license. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes participant's consent to Sponsor's use of entrant's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
You may also request the name of the Community Choice Award winner by sending a self-addressed envelope to International Museum of Women, located at 235 Montgomery Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104. Vermont and Canadian residents may omit return postage.
The Community Choice Award is non-transferable; no alternative cash awards or substitutions are allowed, except at the discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The details of any prize not specified will be determined solely by Sponsor. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest.
By submitting an entry for this Contest, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Contest, which Sponsor shall make in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor's site, the entry process, the voting process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Should Sponsor detect tampering with voting results or fraudulent voting activity, all votes submitted by the perpetrator will be deemed invalid.
Neither Sponsor nor its, employees, representatives or agents are responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, satellite, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or any other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, ANY COMPANIES PROVIDING PRIZES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, "RELEASEES"), BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROMOTION. THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO HOLD RELEASEES HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
This Contest and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, United States, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, San Francisco County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and federal court located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Contest.